Re: Air Force Academy Instructor Outrageously Asks Cadet If He’s Accepted Jesus Christ; Then Implores Cadet Not To Run To Mikey Weinstein!

Published On: September 28, 2021|Categories: MRFF's Inbox|1 Comment|

Mickey, Why do you persecute Christianity today? You actually need to wake up and see that pastors in Canada are being arrested. Medical tyranny is rampant.

Response from MRFF Board Member John Compere

On Sep 28, 2021, at 3:19 PM, John Compere wrote:

(name withheld),

Your silly & sanctimonious name-calling is morally misdirected. It would be more righteously & rationally redirected at the USAF Academy instructor who violated the US Constitution, Department of Defense directives & military regulations. It may not have occurred to you, but even Christians have to obey the laws. The duty of a USAF Academy instructor is to teach not preach. If he wants to preach on duty, he should transfer to the chaplain corps & report to the chapel where preaching is permitted.”God enters by private door into every individual” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Brigadier General John Compere, US Army (Retired)Disabled American Veteran (Vietnam Era)Board Member, Military Religious Freedom Foundation (composed of 85% Christians)

Response from MRFF Supporter Mike Challman

On Sep 28, 2021, at 3:20 PM, Mike Challman wrote:

Good Day, (name withheld)-
Mikey asked if I’d be interested in replying to your email.  As a lifelong, committed Christian myself, in addition to being a USAFA graduate, USAF veteran, and MRFF supporter, I’m always grateful for such an opportunity.
To begin, I don’t see how you get from a report of a USAFA instructor’s proselytizing all the way to persecution of Christianity (in Canada or anywhere else).  Perhaps it is not clearly evident that the MRFF is not questioning the instructor’s right to their personal religious beliefs.  On the contrary, we fully support that right.  We also support the right of the cadet involved in the incident to have their own religious beliefs.  And it’s worth noting that in both cases, the MRFF also supports the right of either party to hold no religious belief at all.  It’s really that simple.  Every member of the military is entitled to their own religious beliefs (including non-belief).  Period.
What cannot happen, though, is for a military member to use their position of authority to inject their religious beliefs into a professional setting.  Clearly, that is what happened in this case.  The cadet approached the instructor for extra instruction on the coursework being covered in the instructor’s class.  They did not seek counseling, religious or otherwise… nor is it within the instructor’s authority to volunteer such counseling.  So at issue is an ACTION that was taken, not a BELIEF that is held.  The inappropriate action was the instructor promoting a personal religious belief at an inappropriate time and in an inappropriate setting.  Period.
How any of this relates to “pastors in Canada” or to “medical tyranny” is not at all clear to me.  The mission of the MRFF is very focused and specific:  we are dedicated to ensuring that all members of the United States Armed Forces fully receive the Constitutional guarantees of religious freedom to which they and all Americans are entitled by virtue of the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment.  As I said, that includes both the USAFA instructor and USAFA cadet who are involved in this situation.. and in order to protect that freedom, every military member in a position of authority must take care not to abuse that authority, even when the intent is sincere.
There is much more that I can share, and I’d welcome the opportunity to continue with dialogue with you if you are interested.  Just drop me a note in reply.
Peace,
Mike Challman Christian, Veteran, MRFF supporter

On Tue, Sep 28, 2021 at 3:44 PM (name withheld)wrote:

And so is your silly activity-  wake up and fight against the tyranny.  We need fighters and we will not sit back and be jailed and persecuted.  If we are-  what are you going to do?

On Tue, Sep 28, 2021 at 4:49 PM (name withheld) wrote:

One last reply-  If anything the new order in Washington is absolutely destroying faith in the military.   I do not care what religion you are-  I only care that you protect religious people.  Your are not on the right side of history-  this new administration will never be voted out-  and if they are –  they will correct that.  Remember this.   The tyranny is the left and it wants to take Israel out of the equation.  Fight for Israel.  Fight for the God of Israel.  The left is the new Nazis.

Response from MRFF Supporter Mike Challman

On Sep 28, 2021, at 6:33 PM, Mike Challman wrote:

(name withheld) – I appreciate that you took the time to respond with the two emails below. I wish you all the best.
As for the MRFF, we will continue to advocate for the constitutional rights of all members of the US military – Christian and non-Christian, believer and non-believer.  With our commitment to the US Constitution, I am entirely certain that we are on the right side of history.
Take Care,
Mike

Response from MRFF Advisory Board Member Mike Farrell

On Sep 29, 2021, at 6:12 PM, Mike wrote:

I (name withheld),
What’s a knat?
Why do you assume Mikey is persecuting Christians? What do you know about that leads you to suggestsuch a crazy thing?

Pastors in Canada are being arrested? If true, for what? What evidence do you have that it’s happening?

What evidence do you have that “medical tyranny is rampant”? Or dare I guess that you are talking about vaccinations?
It appears you’ve been hornswoggled (that’s a technical term) by crazoids who believe crap they read ontoo many unhinged websites. This is not good for your mental equilibrium.
Q is crazy.
Mike Farrell(MRFF Board of Advisors)