MRFF Victory!!! “Not Today, Satan, Not Today” Sign Removed from VBA Supervisor’s Desk After MRFF Action

Published On: January 22, 2024|Categories: Featured News|23 Comments|
Before and after photos of desk showing not today satan sign removed

“In what was already a hostile situation with my immediate supervisor for previous non-religious reasons, my situation became even worse when she invited me to her office for a discussion. This is where I first noticed she had a Not Today, Satan. Not Today.” sign sitting on top of her desk for everyone to see. The sign itself was positioned in such a way that it was physically directed at anyone sitting in the guest chair across from her desk. …”

“I then responded to upper management’s email notifying them that my story has caught the attention of Mikey Weinstein and the MRFF who has a long history of winning against religious discrimination in our military and VA facilities. After accepting the meeting invite from upper management, Mikey personally accompanied me with my Union via telephone during its duration. After Mikey’s powerful introduction and statements, it was with great joy and excitement that we learned her “Not Today, Satan. Not Today.” sign was immediately removed with absolutely no resistance whatsoever from my hostile Christian supervisor. …”

— MRFF VBA employee, Air Force veteran client

Click to read

1. Bigweiner January 22, 2024 at 12:16 pm

what a joke. you guys are pathetic.

2. HenryJ January 22, 2024 at 6:16 pm

As if a sign/placard or whatever is going to hurt his/her itty bitty feelings.

3. Jeff January 22, 2024 at 6:48 pm

Pathetic is claiming to believe in what’s in our constitution, like freedom of religion, but then coming here to show everyone that you really don’t. Rights either apply to everyone or they don’t exist.

If you saw an anti- Christian placard on your boss’s desk, you would be offended too. And your rights would be violated if you were in our armed forces. It’s that simple.

4. Paul Robinson January 22, 2024 at 9:56 pm

No calling up the devil on government time! Ha! She doesn’t own the desk, the room, the building, or the property. Hope she gets terminated.

5. Ironmoped January 22, 2024 at 10:59 pm

I wonder if this supervisor being told to immediately remove the sign will get her itty bitty feelings hurt?

She’s compromised her own position as a supervisor given that her effectivity as a leader is diminished. I’d be real surprised if they didn’t move her.

I’d like to see one of her subordinates with the picture of Christ on his desk, the one with Christ riding a white winged horse carrying an AR15 that the MAGA crowd is so fond of, with the caption, “Not Today Jesus! Not Today!”

6. Grey One Talks Sass January 24, 2024 at 7:17 am

I’m not on the same page as Paul Robinson in calling for this supervisor to be terminated, and by terminated I mean let go, fired, asked to leave the premises. I’m not sure what Paul means or if there was some sort of double entendre in his post.

I would like the higher ups to review their case work for the past few years because if they aren’t able to make a decision without invoking a mythical/coopted religious character what does that say to their decision making process? To me it indicates sloppy work and perhaps a few decisions that came down one way when they should have gone another. But that’s me. I already know those who fail in the military but are the top commands favorites are failed upwards so the top doesn’t feel so alone. OK – I don’t know for a fact that the upper ups are lonely. I do know and have witnessed failsons promoted to choice billets more times than I can count. That crap, along with other practices that skate on the line of legality need to be audited. Now. But again, that’s just me.

7. Nsksn January 24, 2024 at 1:36 pm

Paul Robinson is a moron.

8. Scott January 25, 2024 at 5:05 am

Wait I thought it was called religious freedom. You mean anti religious freedom.
    If religion is just vapor and myth, thus nebulous and impotent, what are you so afraid of?
    Do you fear the boogie man, and sasquatch as well.
    Pathetic.

9. DJ January 25, 2024 at 5:11 am

I served 22 years as an active-duty soldier. I NEVER really understood the Constitution or the Bill of RIGHTS, let alone the spirit of our Republic (The Declaration of Independence: it references the God of the Bible four times) until I retired.
    Trust me when I tell you this and I KNOW y’all have heard this before: “There are NO atheists in foxholes”. Meaning, that when you are in a fight for your life while wearing the US military uniform (or not), you are either openly or inwardly praying to get through that engagement! I know, I’ve been there a few times (I didn’t get Saved until a year after I retired) and I’ve seen some hardcore “grunts” like myself get humbled quickly while fighting for our lives and our “battle buddies”!
    This organization NEEDS to EAT some humble pie! Y’all want to go after us who have faith in something higher than humanity, but y’all rarely, if at all, will don the uniform to protect what made this Republic and established the American values.
    There is EVIL in this world and trust me, based on the “world” values, it AINT at the freaking VA!!! Stand for good instead of what is evil and bad. Get off your freaking high horse, come down to earth, and fight the good fight against evil. I’ll close with this: I have 3 enemies in this world; Satan, Islam, and Marxism. This organization is that Marxist element. If you love this country then stand for its values which were based on the Judeo-Christian concept of love, compassion, and acceptance, but standing firm on “Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness”, which would mean respect. It was Christians who love the Bible that brought about this country, the forefathers brought their families here at Plymouth Rock, it was the founding fathers who brought American Liberty and codified it through the process of the Declaration of Independence, Constitution, and the Sacred Bill of Rights! I respect your ideology but will NEVER affirm it!
    Respectfully,
    A Retired, Combat Veteran!

10. Grey One Talks Sass January 25, 2024 at 5:44 am

Scott and DJ are why I do what I do. Their hubris says it all.

DJ especially has some mea culpas to utter as Islam is the enemy? So all their Muslim fellow service members who fought next to and defended DJ from our known enemy were the enemy too? How… privileged of you DJ. Did they know you felt that way? If they come to this blog they do now.

Do we need to look into your service record to see if you let any of your comrades die because they didn’t worship as YOU saw fit? It is a logical question based on your own words.

So, DJ wrote ” If you love this country then stand for its values which were based on the Judeo-Christian concept of love, compassion, and acceptance, but standing firm on “Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness”, which would mean respect. It was Christians who love the Bible that brought about this country, the forefathers brought their families here at Plymouth Rock, it was the founding fathers who brought American Liberty and codified it through the process of the Declaration of Independence, Constitution, and the Sacred Bill of Rights! I respect your ideology but will NEVER affirm it!”

Yep, ole DJ has been the recipient of the historical wanderings of the Barton father/son team of fake history.

Please DJ, with your great knowledge please explain exactly what values or words from the Christian holy book are in the Constitution or Bill of Rights.

Several commentators here have asked the same question to those who come here to tell us how wrong we are and to this date none of them have answered. Perhaps you will be the first. Please educate this sassy Grey One on the error of their ways.

If you don’t DJ, in my opinion you are exactly what We The People fight every day; humans who demand their faith be codified into law (against the founding fathers wishes) while claiming persecution because it hasn’t happened yet (and it never will but you be you boo)

11. Ironmoped January 25, 2024 at 5:45 pm

DJ,
    You’re absolutely and blatantly wrong. I’ve “donned” the uniform, both as a military member and as a federal civilian, while an atheist!

You claim you never knew the religious aspects of your 22 years of service but claim there are no atheists in foxholes. You’ve contradicted yourself. Breaking news: there are more atheists in the military today than there ever have been and, therefore, more atheists on the battlefield than there ever have been.

Just so you know, the Declaration of Independence was a propagandist document, in other words, not codified into US law. It was written as a “pledge” document, unlike the US Constitution, which, as you know, is a legal document.

When you represent ALL military service (the Bible on the missing man table), with a particular religious claim, I’m guessing you’re saying that it was ONLY Christians that got themselves captured or turned up “missing in action?” If that’s true, it wouldn’t be a good look for Christians. Remember Trump saying he likes the military that didn’t get captured, referring to John McCain? He also, incidentally, called military dead (MIAs), “suckers and losers!”

Good for you, I guess, that you got “saved” after you retired (I assume it means you’re a born-again Christian). Not sure what that does for you but have at it if that’s your thing!

No one is infringing on your right to be born again or many times as you think you need it. But don’t try to represent my service with YOUR Bible. I really couldn’t care less what you believe in. You can believe in fairies at the bottom of the garden, but don’t try to represent my service with your fairy tale!

No one is “going after you,” as you put it. The purpose of the missing man table is remembrance of those that haven’t returned, without conflating it with a particular religion that you want to label everyone with.

Fuck your Christianity brother! It doesn’t represent my views.

I’m not going to be putting a Star and Crescent on your grave. Don’t try to put a cross on mine! Couldn’t care less what you believe in!

We have a secular military, period. If you don’t like it, get Congress to make it so that only Christians get to serve in the military – see how that works out for you! Recruiting goals continue to be unmet. Can you imagine what they’ll look like with only Christians being recruited?

Make it so that there are ONLY Christians in your metaphorical foxholes. Will that make you happy? .Christians start our wars. Let the Christians go fucking fight them! Have at it bro. “You just go on with your bad self” as we say in the South.

It was Christians that love the Bible that brought about this country? You mean the religious nut jobs that other countries kicked out? You know, the ones that burned “witches” at the stake? Or drowned them? Using that sacred Holy book you love so much to perpetrate their crimes? The ones that used that special gift from God to support slavery? Misogyny, infanticide, fratricide, xenophobia, the list goes on.

There are more detestable things in this world than Satan, Muslims, and Marxists (your words). Try Christian fundamentalists, Christian Nationalists, and Fascists (coincidentally, all Trump supporters)!

In short, Republican Christo-Fascists!

All that to say there shouldn’t be a Bible on the missing man table to represent all flavors of religion.

The MRFF doesn’t go after Christians. The vast majority of their clients are Christian. They protect the Constitutionally protected freedoms afforded to all beliefs.

12. Ironmoped January 25, 2024 at 11:13 pm

I hope you Christians find yourselves and get some peace in your lives!

It must be a hard existence relying on faux persecution every breathing moment of your lives, pretending that the lack of prayer in school and “Christian values” is causing ruin in this country, compelling your anger at anything and everything, leaving you completely adrift in your own insecurities.

You work so hard to find everything wrong when a little introspection would carry you toward an objective truth that you’re not persecuted, and that your lives would be so much better without the daily onslaught of self-induced stress pulled from your enlarged amygdala’s, the incessant “fight-or-flight” fear responses emanating from the Christian files in your head! The health-defeating stress you put yourselves through.

Why don’t you try the “live and let live” way of thinking? Give your brain a little break from the constant barrage of needing to help the Creator bring about the end times? Do you think he really needs your help? He created the Universe, made man in his own image from the dust of the earth, sees all, knows all, but somehow needs help from his own creation?

Do you think he can’t see what’s going on in the world today? Do you think if he’s unhappy he can’t change it without your help? To think that he needs your help would make YOU a God wouldn’t it? Or at least, on par with God.

Relax! Cooperate to graduate! Go along to get along. Try enjoying yourself a little, and your friends and loved ones. Hug those that are dear to you – bear hugs! Tell them you love them. Be there for them. They may not be there tomorrow! Be a Servant Leader. Lead by example.

Relieve yourself of some of the stress you get worked up about over whether theres a Bible on the missing man table at your local VA, or whether there’s prayer in school – you can pray in school anytime you want! You can bring a Bible with you to your next VA appointment!

Don’t sweat the small stuff! It really is small stuff. Forget about the next life. Become the best version of yourself in this one!

“Be ashamed to die without having done something for humanity!” Horace Mann.

13. Alex January 26, 2024 at 3:31 pm

I genuinely thought this was satire. What a waste of time and resources.

14. Harrison Bergeron January 26, 2024 at 3:54 pm

You people will all be hanged alongside the communists you work for. None of your behavior is legal and you’re actively facilitating cultural genocide. There will be no escape for you. There will be no appeal. The Founders would have taken you out back and shot you.

15. Ironmoped January 26, 2024 at 5:33 pm

Harrison says we’ll be hanged? Alongside Mike Pence?

How’d you find out I work for Trump’s buddies, you know, the communists?

Facilitating cultural genocide? I think you’re getting confused with Israelis!

There’ll be no escape? Do you want my address? Phone number? Be happy to give it to you.

No appeal? Awww, darn it! I hate when that happens! Your Daddy Trump gets appeals – not that it will do him any good, the boy is toast! But at least he gets to appeal! Gotta love his lawyer though! That girl is dumber than a bag of hammers!

The founders would have asked for our help in policing the likes of you MAGA dickheads!

Don’t you have an insurrection to attend to? Go put some buoys on the border bro! I hear the Florida KKK is looking for a few MAGATs. You’ll fit right in!

Go hold hands with Alex. He needs one of them MAGAT butt rubs. “Grab him by the pussy!”

Tired of whining, I mean, winning yet?

Tools, both of you!

16. Aaron Anderson January 27, 2024 at 1:36 am

The jews are at it again.

17. James Wright January 27, 2024 at 6:44 am

Mikey Weinstein? You don’t happen to be Jewish, do you? Imagine if us Christians went to Israel and demanded they remove all Jewish memorabilia from workplaces?

18. Grey One Talks Sass January 27, 2024 at 7:30 am

James Wright asks one of the dumbest questions I’ve ever read in the history of ever. I was going to copy/paste their comment but prudence dictates I not publish that much dumb on one post; might start something unintended.

Here, I’ll break it down for James since he seems a bit dim. James, sweetie, here’s the thing. The MRFF focuses on matters concerning the Constitution and Bill of Rights for the USA and the United States military, not your belief in an imaginary sky god on their floaty boat. Your imaginary tit for tat scene (revenge is so magnificently on point for Christian nationalists, amirite?) is not even in the same universe. What were you thinking?

I know honey, you probably are scared because laws can be scary when we ignore them. They can also be helpful if we follow the law which leads to positive outcomes, right honey bun? See? Not so hard.

Think before you speak next time James Wright.

19. Grey One Talks Sass January 27, 2024 at 7:39 am

Harrison Bergeron, come on. I’m not hard to find. You seem to be misinformed that because we are ‘woke’ that means we are easy targets.

Silly human, believing the crap spoon fed to you by your voices of authority.

The founding fathers had more in common with those of us here who defend the MRFF than you’d imagine. Well, if you had an imagination. Or curiosity.

Good luck with that purge business.

Oh, before I go, one more thing. You do know what happens to those foot soldiers who overturn a former government on behalf of a dictator?

Right Harrison Bergeron?

(Narrators voice – it isn’t pretty. The consensus is if you helped to overthrow one government what is to stop you from overthrowing another? Yeah, once the dictator is in place the foot soldiers are expendable. Don’t believe my word. Check history for yourself – and not anything written/edited by the Barton boys. They are proven liars.)

20. Jeff January 27, 2024 at 8:31 am

Harrison: you must have slept through high school history and civics. The writers of the constitution created the first amendment because they saw from personal experience the lack of religious freedom in countries where the government promoted religion. Most came from countries where there was a state religion. The establishment clause was included in the first amendment and worded as broadly as it is worded specifically to prevent government from mixing with religion. Both Madison and his mentor Jefferson made it clear they meant to ensure religious freedom by preventing government from mixing with religion. So, they would not have wanted to execute people who believed as they did and had sought to keep government out of the religion promotion business. The fact that you wish to execute people who are seeking to ensure religious freedom for all and defend constitutional rights shows that your own religion isn’t doing you or anyone else any good.

Aaron and James demonstrate once again that promoting religious freedom and the constitutional rights of citizens brings out the Jew-hating bigots in force. Nothing angers bigots like equal protection of the laws – including the law requiring that government stay out of religion and the promotion of religion. And again, the bigotry of Aaron and James doesn’t reflect well on their own religion. And it doesn’t reflect well on their grasp of facts, either – the MRFF board is mostly Christians.

21. Aaron Anderson January 27, 2024 at 10:38 am

lol Gray One Talks Sass 100% uses Reddit

22. Grey One Talks Sass January 28, 2024 at 8:28 am

Aaron Anderson, you are incorrect.

23. Grey One Talks Sass January 28, 2024 at 8:32 am

Jeff, consider that nail pounded on it’s flat head until flush with the board. Or in the vernacular, hit the nail on the head or hit the ball out of the park. I may be overly literal today.

Thank you for your refreshing comments filled with facts.