Mikey Weinstein was contacted in late November/2013 by a Jewish member of a State Defense Force regarding specific actions taken against him by his chain of command in response to his religious beliefs. After meeting with Mikey and MRFF’s Client to discuss the situation, the commanding officer (Brigadier General) of the State’s National Guard initiated an investigation into the claims made. As a result of the investigation, the commanding officer took the following disciplinary actions:
- BG was fired and a letter going into his file that he cannot return
- COL was fired and a letter going into his file that he cannot return
- COL was being removed from Commander slot and he will undergo training
- MAJ will be reduced in rank back to SGM and possibly have another strip removed from him.
- MAJ will have a letter placed in his file that he cannot return.
- COL will not be taking the commander slot
- MRFF’s Client advised he will retain his posting and rank of those listed
MRFF strongly commends such swift and decisive action as the exact type of leadership necessary to effectively address ongoing un-Constitutional activity and environment within the U.S. Armed Forces.