Army Shamefully Downgrades Punishment of Chaplain Reprimanded for Trans-Bashing Facebook Posts; MRFF Files FOIA Request

Published On: June 25, 2021|Categories: Featured News|11 Comments|
Army Chaplain Major Andrew Calvert pictured as a captain. (U.S. Army Chaplain Center and School photo.

In April 2021 Army Chaplain (MAJ) Andrew Calvert was punished by the Army for his trans-bashing Facebook posts, in which he asserted that being transgender is “evidence that a person is mentally unfit (ill)” and “a MedBoard for Mental Wellness waiting to happen.” Chaplain Calvert’s punishment was a

General Officer Memorandum of Reprimand (GOMOR).

Fundamentalist Christian legal organization First Liberty Institute is now claiming a “HUGE VICTORY” for this transphobic Army chaplain, saying that “Chaplain Calvert had been threatened a career-ending formal reprimand” and that “First Liberty successfully appealed the reprimand, likely saving Chaplain Calvert’s career.”

WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED WAS NOT THE “HUGE VICTORY” THAT THE PERPETUALLY DISHONEST FIRST LIBERTY INSTITUTE IS CLAIMING IT WON.

But First Liberty Institute never lets the truth stand in the way of a good fundraising “HUGE VICTORY” yarn!

Click to Read

• July 20, 2021 | No comments
  • July 20, 2021 | No comments
  • July 15, 2021 | No comments
  • July 14, 2021 | No comments
  • July 9, 2021 | 2 comments

1. C.Trump June 26, 2021 at 2:07 pm

I won’t make a donation but I too believe based on the word of God that trans homosexual no, lesbian what have you to be wrong in the eyesight of God! I don’t believe this chaplain is not in violation as long as he is basing his beliefs based on the word of God! Just because it don’t jive with the liberal narrative that’s no reason to try to ruin his career!

2. Marcus Aurelius June 26, 2021 at 11:05 pm

C.Trump — Well no one can accuse you of being literate. And the word is “jibe” not “jive.” Yay #freedumb

3. Sally King June 27, 2021 at 1:15 pm

I agree, we still have freedom of speech in this country. His comments reflect his religious beliefs which the Constitution of the U. S. protects. Also it is listed in the Diagnosis of Mental Disorders. Everybody has the right to live as they want tho but no one should lose thier job because of comments over a life style that is considered bizarre by many. I have certainly heard many of the left questioning those who chose to live as Christians.

4. Charles G Kerns June 27, 2021 at 1:39 pm

Deviant lifestyles are bad for good order and discipline! Most have serious mental and/or physical issues. They hinder the mission of the military in many, many ways.

5. Eric Nix June 27, 2021 at 2:37 pm

The Chaplin is 100% in the right and the commander needs an asskicking.

6. Grey One Talks Sass June 28, 2021 at 12:10 am

Christianists are all about ‘their’ rights except the Chaplain in question isn’t a civilian.

When a person takes an oath to be in the military and more specifically to be a Chaplain they swear to support all in the military.

They swear this on their honor and to their deity. Apparently the word of a Christianist means nothing. I can imagine how disappointed their deity will be when all is said and done.

On a side note – if a Christianist can’t perform their duties as defined by regulations, why are they in the military at all? Seems to me the tax dollars of We The People fund this discrimination. Perhaps We should stop.

The Chaplain in question is free to leave the military so they can express themselves as they wish. However, as long as they are in the military there are standards and regulations which the Chaplain in question fails to meet. IMO the discipline needed to be firmer but at least there was discipline. Back in the day I do not doubt the Chaplain in question would have been promoted so progress I guess?

7. Grey One Talks Sass June 28, 2021 at 12:30 am

I’m gonna go out on a limb and say humans like Charles G Kerns (“Deviant lifestyles are bad for good order and discipline!) felt the same way about women and POC when they were added to Charles’ Mans Army.

As I see it, a warrior is a warrior, no matter the wrappings. We The People are a diverse lot so shouldn’t our protectors be diverse too.

Why is this even an issue?

Oh yeah. Humans and their need for control and lust for power. Sad that Chaplain now represents the worst instead of a higher ideal.

Charles is wrong about transgender humans for so many reasons. Suffice it to say when a human receives support and love their mental and physical health outcomes are different than those who are scorned, ridiculed, and shunned.

Bottom line – a warrior is a warrior, no matter the packaging. (Paraphrased Horton and Seuss)

8. Bob Martin June 28, 2021 at 11:38 am

Grey one has no guts What’s your
    name

9. Grey One Talks Sass June 28, 2021 at 1:34 pm

Bob Martin – My name is Grey One and I have lots of guts which I keep inside my skin. Seems to be a good place for guys, ya know?

I’ve used my real name in the past but recd a few too many death threats so… no. You don’t have the right to know what I call myself off line.

Whatever you have to say to me Bob you can say it here. So… what’s your beef with me?

10. Grey One Talks Sass June 28, 2021 at 1:35 pm

Sigh. Autocorrect. It’s guts not guys although…

Wink wink nudge nudge ya know what I mean?!!

11. Grey One Talks Sass June 29, 2021 at 5:58 am

Bob Martin gets into my face, throws down a challenge and then doesn’t follow up.

Typical Christianist.

What? You think who I am here is somehow different than who I am offline? Silly human. Do not paint me with your black and white brush o’ life for I am, and will remain so for the rest of my days, beautifully Grey.