Fox News Covers MRFF’s Effort to Stop “Wreaths Across America” from Defiling Jewish and Other Non-Christian Veterans’ Graves

Published On: December 9, 2021|Categories: Featured News|47 Comments|
Photo of Wreaths Across America volunteer placing a wreath on a grave marked with the Star of David

Fox News copiously quotes both MRFF Founder and President Mikey Weinstein and MRFF Senior Research Director Chris Rodda in a surprisingly objective article about MRFF’s effort to keep the so-called “non-profit” Wreaths Across America from Christianizing the graves of Jewish and other non-Christian veterans by placing unwanted Christmas wreaths on them.

Click to read

• January 17, 2022 | No comments
  • January 16, 2022 | No comments
  • January 14, 2022 | 2 comments
  • January 14, 2022 | 2 comments
  • January 13, 2022 | 1 comment

1. SFC Kandarian December 10, 2021 at 9:57 am

You guys are a joke and a disgrace! It’s a wreath not a bible or Koran. Its the thought that counts. Don’t be a douchebag in an era of douchebags.

2. James Santoro December 10, 2021 at 10:45 am

As an ardent atheist, I don’t consider the wreath to be a religious symbol.
    Still, I wouldn’t be comfortable with anyone taking the liberty to adorn the grave of a loved one or my grave without permission.
    There are bigger and more important religious freedom fights to wage. Don’t waste time on this benevolent arrogance.

3. Linda Hocker December 10, 2021 at 1:02 pm

Agree with everyone

4. Lee December 10, 2021 at 5:01 pm

I see a symbol of remembrance when a wreath is placed on a grave.

5. John Craig December 11, 2021 at 8:20 pm

We place a wreath at the tomb of the Unknown Soldier. It is a wreath of remembrance! I think it is a nice thing to do. I guess some people just are meant to be complainers!

6. Richard S Walling December 12, 2021 at 12:31 pm

An evergreen is a symbol of life. To characterize it as an object of defilement is beyond absurd.

7. Donna Frye December 12, 2021 at 1:21 pm

I’m not sure why placing wreathes on tombstones, regardless of the religious beliefs of the person buried there, is a sign of disrespect. A wreath is not a religious symbol to my knowledge. I think it is meant to honor the persons loss.

8. Valerie Taylor December 12, 2021 at 4:10 pm

In agreement about the wreath not being a religious symbol. Your logic is very poor. I do wish your organization would be part of the solution to all of this. But, you choose to complain. Why not work with Wreaths Across America Day and pass on those “thousands” of complaints to the Wreaths Across America. Or, respond to the families or veterans on how to connect with Wreaths Across America to opt out of this. They seem very willing to honor the wishes of the families and veterans. Being part of a solution is a better way to go, than just complaining. I suspect that this is more of an issue to attack Christianity. Hope I am wrong.

9. Santa December 12, 2021 at 9:39 pm

First off, congrats to MRFF for being the winner of the “Biggest Holiday Season A-Hole” on the news. Like others have said wreaths are not a religious symbol. Also these wreaths are not just placed “wherever” they are paid for by sponsors to place on a veterans gravesite. Meaning ITS NOT FREE. So I dont really understand how you are claiming these are just blanket placed over all graves, they are not. I repeat, that 100% not factually correct. Maybe next time instead of trying to make a story up to attack Christianity (which is obviously what you’re trying to do btw), you all have a good laugh and go get laid.

10. Ezra December 13, 2021 at 12:55 am

This organization is just pathetic, and dirties the concept of individual freedom with its trivialities.

11. Ballard Williams December 14, 2021 at 10:07 am

Does your group actually do anything with the other half of the donations after your salary is paid or do you just bitch about the other folks that ARE doing a hell of lot more than you?

12. Jeremy December 14, 2021 at 10:26 am

Is this where we come when we’re offended by twigs made in to a circle? I’m so mad. Like big mad.

13. Jimmy December 14, 2021 at 10:39 am

You guys are a disgraceful joke …to start some cry baby mess like this . It is Remembering those who have served Our Country …then to say to put the IRS on to that group is low and you are just a sorry POS …I hope Santa shits in your stocking …

14. Ou812 December 14, 2021 at 10:47 am

I can’t believe the stupid and disgusting mess that came out of your mouth . To complain about the wreaths being put on Veterans Graves in Honoring their Service . I HIGHLY SUGGEST ALL WHO COME TO THIS WEBSITE DO NOT DONATE A DAMN DIME TO THIS SORRY ASS ORGANIZATION.

YOU WILL NEVER EVER GET ANY SUPPORT OR MONEY FROM ME AND I WILL SPREAD THE WORD AGAINST YOUR ORGANIZATION TO BLACK BALL IT WITH OTHER VETERANS ORGANIZATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. JohnKelley December 14, 2021 at 10:48 am

With all of the dissent and animosity we have had to endure, and continue to endure, over the past two years, it seems rather absurd you and your organization would choose to pick this fight at this time of year. I believe Dante had you in mind when he penned the Divine Comedy.

16. Roy Wilson December 14, 2021 at 11:00 am

I couldn’t believe what I just watch . I thought I have seen enough people stoop to some really lows and the cancel culture bullshit, but you have won the super glass belly button , so you can get your head out your ass and you are Truly a Piece of Shit .
    DO NOT DONATE TO THIS SORRY ASS ORGANIZATION. MAYBE THE IRS SHOULD CHECK YOU OUT TOO…

17. Roy Wilson December 14, 2021 at 11:02 am

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS CRYBABY ,SOMEONE GET HIM A BOTTLE AND CHANGE HIS DIAPERS.

18. Donatella December 14, 2021 at 11:03 am

How many in your so-called group just you??? We find you despicable and incapable of beginning to understand how shameful you are!! We support a Christian Judeo philosophy.

19. We Thepeople December 14, 2021 at 11:16 am

I have served in the military for 28 years, seeing these wreaths makes those of us serving know when we go into harm’s way if something happens to us, we are not forgotten but honored. Seriously if you really cared about military members religious freedoms and were a worthwhile organization this wouldn’t even be on your list. If anything, the media you have created over this has encouraged more people to support and sponsor Wreaths Across America.I KNOW I AM! If someone is offended by a wreath, they need to ask themselves why. Maybe they need to think on what the messages around them mean to them and why it bothers them.

20. Ken December 14, 2021 at 11:25 am

What a petty move to try to make yourself have some recognition in the media and try to make yourself sound like more than just a whiny woke complainer who spends his day looking around for something to complain about, whether it is real or not.

It is clear your real goal is to make money and pay yourself a higher than deserved salary off of your fundraising. Almost half of what you raise goes in your pocket as you say you work 105 hours per week. Please, what a scam. This is one step above a Nigerian prince who wants to give someone money.

21. John December 14, 2021 at 11:34 am

President Mikey Weinstein needs to be replaced. How is a wreath religious? STFU!

22. Dj December 14, 2021 at 11:42 am

What a dumbass

23. Camron G. December 14, 2021 at 11:50 am

What a garbage organization this is.

You are just baiting for undeserved publicity.

I’ll be watching out for your obit, and when that time comes…I will have your wreath ready.

You are welcome.

24. ReVere December 14, 2021 at 11:53 am

Wow! Just read the fox article by Michael Weinstein. What a scumbag. Im sure he supports the pos org the ADL…. 2 useless commie groups.

25. Chris December 14, 2021 at 12:02 pm

Seriously, seriously! Wreaths are placed to honor the dead veterans for their service. What is next, are you going to raise a stink about laying a Wreath at the Tomb of the Unknowns? Grab your Ears and pull your head out of your ass. The important thing in all of this is: Rememberance of the Veterans. LEST WE FORGET.

26. Ripper December 14, 2021 at 12:09 pm

yeah another veteran and atheists’ who doesn’t see this as any religious sign or anything.. its seasonal and dates back before Christians. this org seems misguided

27. lee December 14, 2021 at 12:14 pm

mikey simply told lies to serve his own purpose.
    imo
    hes a dogshit excuse for a human being
    he sounds like someone who is divisive, not happy with his life (he makes $314K off of donations)
    and only divides society.
    wreaths are not a Christmas ornament.
    Fact.

28. Paul December 14, 2021 at 12:16 pm

What utter crap. Digging to find division where there is none. The wreath has been determined to be a secular symbol by SCOTUS. Can you find nothing better to do with your time? I mean, you apparently work 105 hours per week and are compensated at roughly 50% of the money your organization receives. Maybe those who donate should learn more of what it is you actually do.
    Here’s the link for proof of my assertion about SCOTUS: https://www.lexology.com/library/detail.aspx?g=837288b3-a842-40a6-be44-681ae7b3afe4 .

29. John December 14, 2021 at 12:29 pm

Who knew you could pocket $300k/year as America’s Biggest Karen. Anyone donating to this group is an idiot.

30. lee December 14, 2021 at 12:37 pm

WreathsAcrossAmerica.org
    call them and donate and sign up to volunteer.
    i just did, they are awesome and they will tell you
    our wreaths are non religious,its about honor and remembering those who died protecting all of us
    inc. mikey weinstein and his useless staff of tools and fools

31. C Gullia December 14, 2021 at 12:37 pm

Hey Mickey, that’s a pretty good hustle you have going….$314K?? on $700k+ donations?? I would love to know how that works! Hopefully, these donations dry up and you have to find another way to “earn” a living….. Whatever religion you espouse to, I hope it includes hellfire and damnation. Have a nice day!

32. Rick Mohnkern December 14, 2021 at 12:40 pm

“The First Book of Macabees tells us that when Judah and his men rededicated the Temple, they “decked the front of the Temple with crowns of gold and small shields.” Crowns in that period were wreaths.”
    “Wreaths as decoration appear on the synagogue ceiling tiles of Dura Europus, a 2000 year old synagogue discovered in Syria, and were carved into the second century synagogue at Capernaum. Jewish use of wreaths was so common that in the 4th century C.E., Ephrem the Syrian, an early church leader, issued a warning to Christians to avoid the use of wreaths, since it “is the custom of Greeks and Jews”.”
    -https://18doors.org/wreaths_and_crowns_christmas_and_hanukkah/

33. Moshe December 14, 2021 at 12:40 pm

Why are non-Jewish babies circumcised? Don’t bring up cleanliness. That used to be a Jewish ritual which involved the rabbi sucking the blood off the tip of the baby’s penis following the mutilation. Hospitals made it sterile but it’s still mutilation.

It’s a ring of tree branches…you people popularized the ripping of skin off genitals.

34. Jim Morris December 14, 2021 at 12:48 pm

Carpet bombing? Really? Veterans don’t needs the likes of you to protect our religious freedoms. We have the Constitution for that. You are a scam; using this nonprofit for a paycheck. Who did you learn this scam from?Clinton’s? Obama’s? Biden’s? Let’s go Brandon?

35. Mikeysrighthand December 14, 2021 at 1:03 pm

Mikey, you’re doing great work. Keep it up. The reminder that it is time to donate to Wreaths Across America was useful. I even put $25 in your name. I’m sure you’ll take the deduction on you income tax. By the way, just because your getting a handy from a Grindr acquaintance at you desk, it’s not technically work.

36. Steve December 14, 2021 at 1:03 pm

Well, thank you for this… As a group that supports Veterans, you have certainly done a fine job of oppressing support for our deceased veterans. If you understood anything about the wreath or the “Evergreen” you would understand its meaning beyond any religion.

37. David Paul Gostomski December 14, 2021 at 2:50 pm

How could anybody do a better job of being an ass by going on the mistrusted Fox News and saying the wreaths placed on the graves of my bothers in arms are unwanted. They have been placed there for 30 years. Must be Michael Weinstein is hurting for attention and decided it’s time to throw a sissy fit.

38. The Old Black Boot U.S.ARMY December 14, 2021 at 8:51 pm

Mikey Weinstein Shit Grubber, may I also add what I think of you ,sorry mfer , how anyone could come up with the most stupid ass shit as you did ,sinks to new levels of space cadet with his head up his ass ….to put it mildly . You are a disgrace to the human race and if you ever wore a American uniform you have totally disgrace it with what fell out of your stinking shit hole. Then to bring up the IRS comment is a another POS idea and ,maybe they should check out your income and what it shows you ain’t doing to bad there butt boy . Bet your ol bank account is doing pretty well . Hey Mikey Whinerstein go F yourself you low life POS …

39. Grey One Talks Sass December 15, 2021 at 4:23 am

How does that old Christian song go? Oh yeah

And you’ll know we are Christians by our love, by our love… 🎶

40. Nicholas Gage December 15, 2021 at 12:22 pm

As my rabbi would say, thee shall reap what you sow

41. MikeyandDustinTouchEachOther December 15, 2021 at 4:01 pm

Hows is the comment section treating you Mikey? Never seen anyone get dominated like this on their own platform before.
    Came for the ratio, left for something better.

42. Barrett J Lea December 15, 2021 at 6:40 pm

How dare you decide for me or my deceased father whether or not a wreath should be placed on his grave. As a Christian, I am appalled at your ignorance. If you or anyone else in your group comes near my father’s headstone or anyone else’s in the veterans cemetery, hope you only get a “determined” escort off the property. Try minding your own business

43. Patrick Howard December 15, 2021 at 10:22 pm

Ha. So my ex-wife puts up wreaths every year at Fort Rosecrans. She sent me the link for this D-bag.
    I can’t imagine how anyone could have the time of day to be ‘offended’ by the wreaths program.
    I went up to check out the wreath laying a couple of years ago…hundreds of kids, mostly boy/girl scouts and families. And ALL races… black, white, asian, hispanic, you name it…it represented America as it is in reality.
    And I’m pretty much agnostic, so don’t even have a dog in the hunt.
    What an ass.

44. Grey One Talks Sass December 15, 2021 at 10:23 pm

Barrett J Lea,

You mentioned the point as it flew over your head. Here, let me help.

You said “ How dare you decide for me or my deceased father whether or not a wreath should be placed on his grave.”

The wreath program is deciding for multitudes who don’t share the wreath programs faith. They don’t have an option, no voice. Per your logic it’s ok to deny others as long as you get what you want?

How about this – people opt in for the wreathes program and if no permission is given then no wreath is placed.

Is that a solution you’d support?

What am I thinking using logic on the Fox fueled mob? I must be filled with the optimism of the holiday season.

45. Grey One Talks Sass December 15, 2021 at 10:28 pm

Patrick Howard, you said “ And I’m pretty much agnostic, so don’t even have a dog in the hunt”

In the USA everyone has the right to worship or not as they see fit. This means you do have a ‘dog in the hunt’.

The Christian Nationalist messaging campaign of who can or can not object to religious freedom violations is very powerful. Everyone has the right of religious freedom. Everyone.

46. The Old Black Boot U.S.Army December 17, 2021 at 1:19 am

Hey Blow Job Lea, the laying of the wreaths goes beyond a religious beliefs…it is shown as Respect and Remembrance to our Veterans…I bet you don’t mind a wreath on your Father’s grave on Memorial Day …but then again, you just might with the attitude you have …I mean really BJ some Boy Scout or ROTC cadet placing a wreath on your Father’s grave to show Respect for his Service and to Remember him at Christmas time is that BIG OF SIN AT YOUR HOME ??? ….Gezzzzzzz…you must really an uptight Christian Prick that wears his religion on his sleeve and ass …
    Come on BJ ,chill mannnnnn, you don’t have to be a prick all year … It’s Christmas…

47. Judd December 18, 2021 at 12:33 pm

This group is pathetic! There is nothing wrong with putting a wreath, made of plants, that symbolizes no religion or faith. It’s 100% secular. Why do some people believe that they need a soapbox for their diatribe? Grow up!