Your commentary about the Air Force Academy cadets

Published On: May 24, 2022|Categories: MRFF's Inbox|8 Comments|

Dear representatives of Military Religious Freedom,

It is obvious to me that your organization is lacking knowledge about the situation pertaining to the Air Force Academy cadets.  First, the so-called orders to get the shot or get kicked out (coercion) CLEARLY indicate that only approved vaccines can satisfy the order.    From SecDef Austin’s 24 Aug 2021 memo:
“Mandatory vaccination against COVID-19 will only use COVID-19 vaccines that receive full licensure from the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), in accordance with FDA-approved labeling and guidance.” According to the CDC’s own website, there are currently only 2 so-called approved vaccines:  Comirnaty and SpikeVax.  And according to that same website, neither one is available in the US because both manufacturers are not producing it yet.  https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/programs/iis/COVID-19-related-codes.html <Outlook.jpg>   <Outlook.jpg>   So how do you propose that these cadets (and all active duty, guard, reserves, ROTC, etc.) comply with this so-called order?  Taking an EUA vaccine is NOT an approved vaccine, so if someone took the EUA vaccine, they would be disobeying the order.  And yet many people in the military have taken the EUA vaccine and somehow not gotten into trouble.  Obviously there is an agenda here, and it most definitely is NOT the health of the service.   So please educate yourself before you go off half-cocked commenting about the situation. A retraction by your organization is certainly in order, but I would bet hard money that you won’t do this.  Because, as I would suspect, you are in on the scam, probably getting paid off.  Military Religious Freedom?  My ass.  Stop kidding yourselves and the rest of the country with your phoney name.  And stay in your lane.   Sincerely, (name witthheld)

Response from MRFF Advisory Board Member Marty France

Thanks for contacting the Military Religious Freedom Foundation (MRFF)!  I occasionally respond to emails directed to the MRFF such as yours.  To begin with, the table you show below is a cross code table from the CDC website–it something that allows comparisons and cross use of differently labeled vaccines.  Nowhere does it say that ONLY European formulations are approved and American manufactured versions are not. Do you realize that EUA doesn’t mean European?  It means Emergency Use Authorization.  In fact, the CDC website does show that both the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines are fully approved (click on the links).  Now that they’ve received full approval, as the links indicate, they can be marketed under proprietary names, hence the Spikevax and Comirnaty shown in your table below.  It’s all so confusing for someone of your amazing technical skills–I’m sorry for that.Again, from the site: Pfizer-BioNTech (COMIRNATY) received U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval on August 23, 2021, for individuals ages 16 years and older. Once vaccines are approved by the FDA, companies can market the vaccines under brand names. COMIRNATY is the brand name for the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine. After FDA approval, the FDA-authorized Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine for individuals ages 16 years and older was marketed as COMIRNATY. No change was made to the vaccine’s formula with the name change.The added emphasis (bold letters) are from the CDC.  They are fully approved.  They are the same vaccines available to cadets, faculty, staff, and all members of the military.  You cited the page incorrectly–you were using old information improperly to make a point and failed.  Nice research work.  I suggest you present this at any upcoming academic promotion board.Please share this with the dept heads for Chemistry and Physics.  I can guarantee you that this note will be going to the Superintendentt and Dean of Faculty.   Remember, the SecDef made these mandatory and that mandate was validated when the vaccines received full approval.And here’s another reputable source showing full FDA approval:  https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/conditions-and-diseases/coronavirus/full-fda-approval-of-a-covid-19-vaccine-what-you-should-knowEven schools like Berkeley have vaccine mandates and consequences for those that don’t comply:  https://uhs.berkeley.edu/requirements/covid19  That’s not coercion.  As you may have learned at USAFA, the military command authority can and does mandate vaccines for operational readiness and public health reasons.  The cadets that objected to the CoVID vaccines has already complied with other vaccination orders and even received vaccines that used fetal cell lines in their development–apparently without prior complaint (Hep A, MMR, Chickenpox).
I’m very sorry that we didn’t get to know each other if our time at USAFA overlapped.  I left in 2018 and don’t think we’ve met.I do hope you enjoy chatting about this with BG Letendre and Lt Gen Clark.  You make my alma mater proud.
Sincerely,Marty France Brigadier General, USAF (Retired) MRFF Advisory Board Member

• June 24, 2022 | 1 comment
  • June 24, 2022 | 8 comments
  • June 23, 2022 | No comments
  • June 23, 2022 | No comments
  • June 23, 2022 | 2 comments

1. Not getting the shot. Not getting my name. May 25, 2022 at 4:01 pm

BG (Ret.) France, you are wrong. Per the FDA approval letter the Pfizer shots are identical in ccomposition, but “legally distinct”.

All I want is the only approved vaccine. The DodD refuses to provide it, despite it theoretically existing.

Austin is a proven liar, and you are carrying his water.

Lastly, the DoD has approved less than a dozen religious exemptions. What do you want to bet those waivers were granted solely to senior commissioned officers?

2. Grey One Talks Sass May 27, 2022 at 1:14 pm

Commentator above said “All I want is the only approved vaccine.”

Since there are three approved vaccines they can’t have the ‘only’ approved vaccine. I’m guessing logic or rational thinking is not their strength.

Good luck with the new mutations of COVID. Viruses don’t care if you accept the science, only if you are vaccinated.

3. Not getting the shot. Not getting my name. May 27, 2022 at 3:18 pm

Tell me you didn’t read the approval letter without telling me you didn’t read it.

Comirnaty is the only approved vaccine. The rest are approved under an EUA.

4. Grey One Talks Sass May 29, 2022 at 7:34 pm

Tell me you read and believe the anti-vax website talking points without mentioning anti-vax.

I’m not rehashing Marty France’s detailed answer which refutes your conspiracy ravings. He’s already provided in depth answers which you ignored.

Good luck with COVID.

5. Not getting the shot. Not getting my name. May 30, 2022 at 1:41 am

It is literally written on page 2 of the FDA approval letter:

“…On August 23, 2021, FDA approved COMIRNATY (COVID-19 Vaccine, mRNA)8 and reissued the letter in its entirety for both Pfizer-BioNTech COVID‑19 Vaccine and certain uses of COMIRNATY (COVID-19 Vaccine, mRNA).
    Subsequently, FDA reissued the letter of authorization on September 22, 2021…”

Or maybe you’re referring to HHS Secretary Alex Azar invoking the PREP Act to “provide liability immunity for activities related to medical countermeasures against COVID-19, which theoretically covers all vaccines that might be produced to combat the coronavirus, whether fully authorized or not?

If that’s the case then why bother seeking FDA approval, if the entire reason for approval is moot?

As for your thinly disguised insinuation that you want me to suffer with your “good luck with COVID” comment, I somehow managed to survive the “winter of severe illness and death”, suffering from little more than a stuffy nose for an afternoon, but I’m not 70, on chemotherapy, diabetic, or morbidly obese. Hopefully neither you, or Marty, suffer a bReAktHroUgh cAsE of your totally effective vaccine.

COVID wasn’t given the moniker “boomer remover” for no reason.

6. Grey One Talks Sass June 2, 2022 at 2:37 am

Commentator above cites the same information already debunked as of saying the incorrect thing twice somehow makes it correct. This is semantics not mathematics. Please, read a dictionary. Or a thesaurus. Read something besides the misinformation talking points you continue to spout.

As for COVID, I wouldn’t wish the virus on my worst enemy. Those who thumb their noses at it? Well, good luck with FAFO.

7. Grey One Talks Sass June 2, 2022 at 2:03 pm

I have no more patience for those who willfully misrepresent information.

I have less patience for those who claim religious exemption for a vaccine in the middle of a pandemic because of a belief that it contains specific ingredients and yet willfully take over the counter medicines with the same ingredients they say are in the vaccine.

I’ve listened to these folks. At first they objected because it wasn’t approved. Once approved they objected because nonexistent dead babies. The goal posts are always moving, aren’t they?

My point is we are still in the middle of a pandemic, created by over the top rich humans having to eat a creature that should never have been on the menu. We’d be further along than we are now if the former twice impeached defeated former guy hadn’t made it worse because they were more interested in harming their enemies than taking care of all the people (we don’t have to do anything, it’s only affecting the blue states, anyone?).

As a member of the USA military you have a duty to either get vaccinated or leave the service. True religious exemptions are not reserved for senior officers as has been suggested but for those who are on record, before this ever happened, as needing such an exemption. And the military honored those requests.

I guess I don’t understand those who swear an oath when entering the military but can’t follow through.

8. Tom O June 2, 2022 at 3:41 pm

Be thankful you don’t understand. To understand, you’d have to be as lacking any sense of ethics or morality as these sickos are.