Mikey

From:  (name withheld)
Date: March 4, 2019 at 9:56:38 PM MST
To: [email protected]militaryreligiousfreedom.org
Subject: Mikey
 
Mikey claims a long heritage of veterans, I’ll match mine against his any day. Your site tells of his family from WW 1, WW 2 thru the war on terrorism. 
 
Well my family’s has had a Veteran in every conflict the U.S. has ever faced, (many gave their lives). Some even before it was a country. Coming here as Colonists in 1650’s. I will pray Mikey finds forgiveness for his misguided attack on the Christian faith and Gods book. BTW… It was Christian morals and the faith in that book that of the 16 generations of my family and families like mine, founded, built and defended this country. I am proud to say, I too am a Christian that served our country to defend our freedom as a U.S. Navy Veteran. I carried a bible everywhere the Navy took me. 
 
Mikey should take care, God allowed him into this world and God can just as easily take him from it, to judge him. Just maybe he should read it. John 3:16

Response from MRFF Founder and President Mikey Weinstein
Subject: Mikey
Date: March 5, 2019 at 8:42:50 PM MST
To:  (name withheld)
…hey there, sport…….please be well advised that our MRFF security team and our MRFF litigators are now taking VERY close note of your not-so-veiled threat clearly extant in your last paragraph…..as always, we will be coordinating closely with law enforcement as well….Mikey Weinstein….Founder and Pres., MRFF

Response from MRFF Advisory Board Member Mike Farrell
On Mar 5, 2019, at 11:54 PM, Mike  wrote:

 

Hey mister

 

I don’t know what Swiss Logistics is, nor do I understand this address, but I do get your threat. I’ll let Mikey and his security people deal with that just as they’ve done with all the other fools who claim to think this is a contest and they are somehow on God’s side.

 

If you think your family’s history or the fact that you “‘carried a bible everywhere” gives you the right to determine who is a patriot and who is not you have another think coming – assuming you’re capable of it.

 

You are welcome to your faith and I’m happy if it works for you, but in the United States of America it doesn’t give you special rights or a superior position from which to judge others. To assume, as you have, that Mikey or anyone else at the MRFF is attacking Christianity or “God’s book,” as you think of it, only shows the narrowness of your mind.

 

Stating the fact that the Bible does not belong on the POW/MIA table is neither an attack on the Bible nor an assault on the faith you pretend to practice. It is a statement of a simple truth that you and some of your more narrow-minded religious brethren seem incapable of understanding: not all of those who were captured or lost were Christians. Your assumption that the placement of a Bible on the table properly acknowledges and honors the memory of all of these men reeks of arrogance and the presumption of the superiority of your personal belief. Shame on you.

 

Perhaps your forebears never noticed that many of those beside whom they served did not share their particular belief system; perhaps they trudged clumsily along, fighting, eating, sleeping and being protected by brothers in arms about whose beliefs they were blissfully ignorant. If so, that’s too bad, but their failing doesn’t excuse your arrogant assumption in this instance.

 

The U.S. Constitution, our laws and military regulations protect the freedom of religious belief of the women and men in the military by specifically requiring that no government entity shall promote, endorse, suggest or imply the promotion of one belief system over others.

 

You are welcome to your belief system, sir, and you are welcome to carry your Bible as you will, but you are not welcome to impose your belief system on the women and men in our armed forces, living or dead.

 

Mike Farrell

(MRFF Board of Advisors)


Response from MRFF Advisory Board Member Martin France
On Mar 6, 2019, at 8:10 AM, Martin France  wrote:

Dear (name withheld),

The argument isn’t about who has the longer military pedigree.  While that’s an admirable heritage, it doesn’t make your opinion (or Mikey’s) any more valid that anyone else’s.  One’s votes are not counted more, nor are our taxes weighted more heavily.  Instead, it’s about the oath one takes as they serve in the military–to support and defend the Constitution of the United States.  That brilliant document absolutely guarantees the right of every American to carry a Bible into battle if that is what sustains them.  (Personally, if I was going into battle with you, though, I’d ask that you weigh yourself down with more bullets than a few thousands pages of ancient text)  But, policy and law based on the same also say that while you are free to practice your religion as you see fit, in so doing it must not negatively affect the morale, good order, and discipline of the unit in which you serve.  For example, that means if you suddenly stop in the middle of doing your duties and begin kneeling in prayer instead of laying down covering fire for your comrades as ordered by your commander, you could be charged with dereliction of duty.  It also means that you have no right in the duty space to proselytize and convert your fellow soldiers, sailors, and airmen to your particular religious perspective–and they have not right, likewise, to discriminate AGAINST you because they do not agree with your privately held Christian views.
I do advise that you read this document–it’s pretty damn good.  There’s also a part of it that says that there can be no religious test for publicly held office (Article 6)–and through the years that has been widely interpreted as meaning that there can be no religious test for any position in the military.  Truly, our Constitution guarantees the right of even a avowed atheist to rise to the rank of General officer if their service, duty record, and leadership qualities so warrant that promotion.  Put another way, you can claim and believe that Christian faith founded, built, and defended this country, but that simply doesn’t make it true.  Instead, there is empirical evidence that the freedoms, rights, and equality guaranteed by a Constitution derived from a litany of liberal (small “L”) philosophies and enlightenment thought (true, some with religious roots, but not all Christian) are the driving forces behind our nearly 250 years of progress.  That’s exactly why Christians, Jews, Atheists, Mormons, Muslims, Buddhists and so many others come here and succeed.
In your view, God allowed Mikey into this world.  In fact, if you’ve read most of the Bible, then you know that God created Mikey in HIS image.  Think about that one for a moment.  I, for one, am comforted in knowing (from my reading of the Bible) that God (if she does exist) created Mikey and even atheists like me in her image–and has allowed Mikey’s family and mine to thrive and serve our nation over generations–like your family.  I like, too, that even narrow-minded, bigoted, and grammatically challenged were supposedly created in her image.  That’s called “cognitive dissonance,” I think.
Anyway, thanks for taking the time to generate an anonymous email address so that your cowardice is evident to your deity and all others
Marty France, Brig Gen, USAF (retired)
MRFF Advisory Board Member

Response from MRFF Advisory Board Member John Compere

On Mar 6, 2019, at 8:27 AM, John Compere  wrote:

Anonymous ,
 
Thank you for sharing your proud family history of military service. Many of us are blessed to have similar patriotic heritages. This will also acknowledge receipt of your personal religious belief testimonial.
 
However, your acrimonious attack on the Founder & President of Military Religious Freedom Foundation (a fellow American & military veteran you do not even know) is misguided & moronic.
 
MRFF represents over 61,000 military men & women (95% Christians) who requested their right to religious freedom, to which all Americans are entitled under our US Constitution, be respected & restored. They are fortunate the MRFF (over 80% Christians), whose motto is “Fighting for our service members’ rights, so they can fight for ours.”, exists to respond to their pleas for protection. MRFF has been nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize 7 times for this advocacy.
 
Please be advised there are at least 10,000 distinct world religions recognized & American Christianities alone comprise more than 2,000 vastly different versions (World Christian Encyclopedia). The US Department of Defense recognizes religious diversity with official list currently including 221 different belief groups for only the military.
 
Our military members, like all Americans, want to determine, enjoy & practice their own religious or non-religious beliefs. They do not want yours, mine or anyone else’s publicly forced upon them by the government in government facilities in violation of the Constitution, military regulations,  established law of the land & common courtesy. We proudly & patriotically represent them pro bono & will continue to do so.
 
For your biblical information, the New Testament warns “Do not judge and you will not be judged. Do not condemn and you will not be condemned.” (Matthew 7:1-2, Luke 6″36-37) and “You…who pass judgment on someone else…are condemning yourself.” (Romans 2:1).
For your literary information, American essayist Ralph Waldo Emerson advised “God enters by private door into every individual.”
 
Most Sincerely,
Brigadier General John Compere, US Army (Retired)
Disabled American Veteran (Vietnam Era)
MRFF Advisory Board Member
Texas rancher

On Wed, Mar 6, 2019 at 3:06 AM  (name withheld) wrote:
Not a threat… like I stated God will judge you, as well as all of us. As for a narrow mind. I do not take your shallow judgemental statement lightly either. My freedom to speak is protected under the Constituton, as is my right to my faith. Where you do get a threat, is it possible you do fear Judgement of your sinful heart? Christ died for your sins as well as mine.
As for the  (name withheld), it is my logistic company based in Switzerland, you know like Swiss Alps and cheese. As for your threat to go after me for a threat, go right ahead. I be happy to cooperate with your investigation. I have nothing to hide defending my faith nor salvation I found in the blood of Jesus Christ.
You have no doubt looked for the source of this email, from bluewin.ch
Which is a internet provider in Switzerland.
You have a nice day.
(name withheld)

Response from MRFF Advisory Board Member Mike Farrell
On Mar 6, 2019, at 1:17 PM, Mike  wrote:

It’s a coward’s way, sir, to hide ugly assertions in a biblical framework and try to pretend it’s merely a lofty admonition. If you mean no threat choose your references more carefully and state your case more courageously.

No one here questions your right to speak freely; you’re welcome to your arrogant self-righteousness and smug self-importance, but spare me your anti-Christian judgmental nonsense.

As far as “defending” your faith is concerned, that may be appropriate if it is ever attacked. One of the problems with faux-Christians like you is the need for martyrdom, a need made manifest in this incessant desire to conjure up attacks where none exist so you can luxuriate in the belief you’re suffering for Jesus and justify imbecilic attacks on others as ‘defending the faith.’

Jesus weeps at your perversion of his teachings.

Mike Farrell

(MRFF Board of Advisors)


Share this page:

Commenter Account Access

  • Register for a commenter account
    (Not required to post comments, but will save you time if you're a regular commenter)
  • Log in using your existing account
  • Click here to edit your profile and change your password
  • All comments are subject to our Terms of Use

5 Comments

  1. Beth Zion

    This is no veiled threat from the writer, and no security detail or MRFF litigators of Mikey’s can stop God from stopping his heart by heart attack, cancer, auto accident, plane accident, or just old age. The one thing that Mikey needs to fear is God Himself. The Hebrew scriptures say that is is a terrible thing to fall into the hands of the living God. God does not care whether Mikey believes he exists or not, he like all of mankind will have to stand before God one day and He will see if his name is found in the book of life, which the Hebrew scriptures says it can only happen if an individual has repented of their sins, and accepted Christ as their personal Lord and Savior. The Hebrew scriptures also say fear not what man can do, but fear Him who can throw your soul into the fire of hell. The threat here is coming from God Himself, so try to litigate against that! Oh yeah, when mankind stands before God for judgment, there is no defense attorney to help him out, unless they who had a personal relationship Christ.

  2. Paula

    Dearest Beth–HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA(pauses to take a breath)HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA(pauses to wipe eyes)HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Thank you for sharing your garbage. I showed it to god. She laughed, too….

  3. G

    Well, Zion we are all going to die of something, so what is your point?

  4. G

    To the unknown writer. You must have a very, very large family since you stated that many of them gave their lives; otherwise, you would not be here today. You are acting like a cop. in that you think that just because you lay down your life every day that gives you some kind of status or exemption when in fact it doesn’t. Funny how you stated that your freedom of speech is protected by the US Constitution, and yet, many people like you tell the rest of us that we have no freedom of speech in the US Constitution and if we don’t shut up when you tell us to shut up, you go and threaten to kill us or you do actually kill us because we are exercising our freedom of speech as guaranteed by the US Constitution along with the separation of church and state.

  5. Emma

    You in the MRFF, I love and support all of you. But please, remember that the attackers have short patience with too many words. I’m on your side, but you all write too many words for even me to keep my eyes open. Remember that, no doubt, lots of these God’s-messenger people don’t even bother to read all your words. Bullet points might work better.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*