Please read

Published On: May 11, 2021|Categories: MRFF's Inbox|2 Comments|

Accessibility Notice

This post was created on the previous version of the MRFF website, and may not be fully accessible to users of assistive technology. If you need help accessing this content, please reach out via email.
I pray that you repent, your sole purpose is to deny Jesus and promote atheism. Look, we will all stand before Jesus one day, Romans 14:11 says that every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess that Jesus is Lord. So you can deny him all you want, it’s your choice, but there is only one truth. Just because you deny him, doesn’t mean anything, you will still answer to him at the end of your life. The chose is yours of how you’d like your eternity: smoking or non-smoking. You’ve been warned, so now you are without the excuse (Romans 1:20).
(name withheld)

Response from MRFF Board Member John Compere

On May 11, 2021, at 6:58 PM, John Compere  wrote:

This will acknowledge receipt of your silly & sanctimonious sectarian sermonette. Your asinine & acrimonious attempt to condemn & categorize a fellow American you do not even know with your vacuous & vengeful version of a deity is as ignorant as it is insolent & as hypocritical as it is hateful. It reflects only on yourself & reveals only the fanaticism of a fool.
 
Before condemning & judging others, it is recommended you rationally reflect, if you are capable, on the following –
 
“Do not judge, or you too will be judged.” (Matthew 7:1&2). “Do not judge and you will not be judged. Do not condemn and you will not be condemned.” (Luke 6:37). “…you who will pass
judgment on someone else…you are condemning yourself…” (Romans 2:1).
 
Brigadier General John Compere, US Army (Retired)
Disabled American Veteran (Vietnam Era)
Board Member, Military Religious Freedom Foundation (composed of 85% Christians)

Response from MRFF Supporter
On May 11, 2021, at 6:42 PM, (name withheld) wrote:

 

Dear Mr. (name withheld),

I have to admit that it is hard for me to not laugh at messages such as yours. As a recovering Catholic who made my way through alternative spiritual belief systems to Humanism, I look at all that biblical scholars have shared, and it is clear to me that so many Americans like yourself so purposely refuse to use their own minds; no critical thinkers in your household, eh? Willful ignorance is the standing rule for those who would prefer to remain comfortably sheltered and belligerent rather than enlightened and caring for fellow Americans… especially American VETERANS like Mikey Weinstein who continues to defend Americans in uniform (and other veterans, like me) long after he left the military. See, there’s this belief among many service members and veterans- You can take the soldier/airman/marine/sailor out of the military but you can’t take the military out of the veteran… hence, Mikey and his staff are fighting for those of us who don’t have a voice.

To this day, long after retirement, I still have my Army Values on my wall (in addition to the Humanist Ten Commitments). Those values include loyalty, duty, respect, selfless service, honor, integrity, and personal courage, and Mikey exemplifies ALL of these values.

Since you are not able to separate your beliefs from the need for a neutral government and are focused on your doctrine, I’m going to leave you with the Fundamental Tenets of The Satanic Temple (atheists, they don’t believe in deities, but they are VERY principled):

THERE ARE SEVEN FUNDAMENTAL TENETS

I One should strive to act with compassion and empathy toward all creatures in accordance with reason.

II The struggle for justice is an ongoing and necessary pursuit that should prevail over laws and institutions.

III One’s body is inviolable, subject to one’s own will alone.

IV The freedoms of others should be respected, including the freedom to offend. To willfully and unjustly encroach upon the freedoms of another is to forgo one’s own.

V Beliefs should conform to one’s best scientific understanding of the world. One should take care never to distort scientific facts to fit one’s beliefs.

VI People are fallible. If one makes a mistake, one should do one’s best to rectify it and resolve any harm that might have been caused.

VII Every tenet is a guiding principle designed to inspire nobility in action and thought. The spirit of compassion, wisdom, and justice should always prevail over the written or spoken word.

(name withheld)

Veteran and long time MRFF supporter

 

 
-“Get into politics as if your life depended on it.  It does.” Justin Dart, Disability Rights Activist
-“When we lose the right to be different, we lose the right to be free.” ~Charles Evans Hughes
-“Obstacles are those terrible things you see when you take your eyes off the goal”.”~Dr. Temple Grandin quoting a saying on the art building wall at Arizona State University in the 1970’s
-“You have to have a hell of a lot of drive and single-mindedness to do this, because everything in the world will get in the way to stop you.” ~David Rootes, veteran polar guide with Antarctic Logistics and Expeditions

Response from MRFF Advisory Board Member Mike Farrell
On May 11, 2021, at 10:03 PM, Mike  wrote:

 

Hi (name withheld),
 
This is so pathetic. Look, we get it that you believe as you do and that you apparently assume anyone who doesn’t
believe just exactly as you do is wrong or lost and is likely condemned to the fires of Hell. Actually, your last sentence about our being “warned” is one of those stupidly self-righteous remarks that says it all: you’ve got the answer and we, poor fools, poor lost lambs, do not. Your God loves you and he won’t accept and love us unless we go through the only ritual and make the onty acceptable commitment necessary to meet your god’s approval, as you apparently think you have done.
 
You see, fool, your very self-satisfaction, your self-righteousness, your arrogance and your assumption of superiority are the very things the man you claim to worship reviled. You and your judgment and haughty self-importance represent the very things he condemned and drove away.
 
Save your prayers, Alex. Don’t waste them on us. We don’t deny Jesus, you do.
 
We believe that everyone has the right to believe as she or he chooses. We do not ‘promote atheism,’ nor do we condemn it. We champion only the right of every person to live and love as their heart leads them to do, regardless of their race, creed or belief system. You who claim to know the ONE AND ONLY WAY are an insufferable toad and you make me tired.
 
Mike Farrell
(MRFF Board of Advisors)

Response from a MRFF Supporter

Your Incredibly Antisemitic Email to Mr. Weinstein

It is actually refreshing to find a true Russian Fascist Antisemite masquerading as a Christian threatening Mr. Weinstein with the wrath of God who uses his actual email address. My Lord you were so easy to find. Most of the American Nazi and Fascists who claim to also be Christians are smart enough not to use their actual email address. However you should know, that despite being a Russian that the correct wording is not “the chose is yours,” but rather “the choice is yours.” And speaking of smoking or non-smoking you should ensure that you purchase some asbestos water skis for your eternal vacation on the Lake of Fire.
You pervert the Christian Scriptures to basically issue threats that are not yours to make. You decide the eternal fate of others without any real knowledge of who they are or what they believe. You do not know Mr. Weinstein or his heart. In fact the vast majority of his clients, some 95% are Christians, including Evangelical Christians being persecuted by atheist military commanders. Most of his paid staff and volunteers are also about 85% Christian with quite a few Evangelicals among them. In fact I am a retired Christian Navy Chaplain, former Army Chaplain, and Army officer and enlisted man. I was born and raised as a Christian, but while I am a Christian my charge as a military Chaplain was to protect the religious liberties of others regardless of their beliefs from persecution by their superiors.
Mr. Weinstein is not an Atheist. I consider that a smear on him.  He is Jewish, which is what I believe you really hold against him. Mr. Weinstein supports the Constitutional rights of religious liberty for all Americans, not theocratic Christians who also are antisemites. I’ll bet that you are also a Holocaust denier and know nothing about the U.S. Constitution, the First Amendment and the understanding of the Establishment and Free Exercise Clauses of religious liberty contained in the First Amendment. Likewise while most Americans were Christians at the time of our founding, the framers of the Constitution and our laws, even practicing Christians, denied that our government was NOT founded on the Christian religion.
So take your ignorant Russian ass back to Putin’s Russia, or actually learn what it is to be an American. Oh, and by the way, I will forward your information to both Mr. Weinstein and the FBI should you continue your interstate harassment and threats to Mr. Weinstein. I know that you do not live in New Mexico.
I spent almost 40 years in the United States Army and Navy. I retired as a senior ranking Christian Chaplain who Mr. Weinstein defended when accused by a chapel parishioner of crimes that were lies but which could have ended my career and freedom. I don’t like Nazis or Fascists of any kind, American, Russian, German, or any others, including Chula Vista Nazis. Stop your harassment of Mr. Weinstein now. That is “your chose.”
Disrespectfully yours,
(name withheld)
PS. I spent my first Army officer assignment commanding a company defending the Fulda Gap against the Soviet Union. I am an old Cold Warrior so don’t try even try to turn my country into yours.

Response from MRFF Advisory Board Member Ted Furlow

On May 12, 2021, at 10:07 AM, Ted Furlow  wrote:

 

My dear (name withheld)

As a Christian member of the advisory board for the Military Religious Freedom Foundation, I usually read the standard bible screeds sent by folk like you.  I was impressed that you used St. Paul’s thoughts in Romans to make your point.  Allow me to direct your attention to all of chapter 14.  The basis for his writing is to clap back at those who judge others, and that includes you.  You are a vegetable eater.  Look further at verses 7-10.  We live and die not for ourselves, but for the Lord.  Christ  died and then rose to be the Lord of the living and the dead.  All of them.

 

So, why do you pass judgement on others?

 

You are supporting the Calvinist shibboleth about Jews killing Jesus.  While in fact the Romans killed Jesus as a rebel to keep order, and while it is true that Jews played a role, remember the Jesus was also a Jew.  Also remember that as Christians we base our faith in salvation not on Good Friday, but the Easter Sunday that followed.  Jesus was destined for the cross as a fulfillment of prophecy and the will of the Father. If there were no resurrection from death, then there would be no victory over death, and no promise of an eternal life without the cross.

 

As to the kneeling down part, I don’t know, and neither do you.  Biblical theology is complex and ought not to be read as a set of rules.  Rather it is broad guide to a new life, and to systematize it into a set of orthodox rules and standards, risks making salvation a cheap prize in evangelicalisms Cracker Jacks box.

 

My Jewish brothers and sisters, righteous and God fearing as I hope to be, are enveloped in the arms of the same common love and forgiveness of God as you and I.  I risk including you in my equation even though your faux historical-doctrinal view of the Word is more an extreme Christocentrism than the loving Christ as the Word made flesh.

 

Stay well, keep reading, and try again….

Ted Furlow

Military Religious Freedom Foundation

Advisory Board Member


 

Wow, I think your “Christian” love speaks for itself, well God bless you. who you were and who you are doesn’t really matter to me, the fact that you cursing and threatening me, thank you. God sees you, I’m not scared of you, I only fear the Lord himself.

It also doesn’t matter that his clients are 95% Christian, it’s like me claiming that I’m a marine without ever been one. Most of Christians nowadays never read the bible and follow Jesus, and neither do you with your hate.

(name withheld)


Response from a MRFF Supporter

On May 13, 2021, at 8:32 AM, Steve  wrote:

 

(name withheld),
 

My hate? I defended someone that you attacked, a Jew. You called him an atheist, and threaten him with hell by selectively misquoting and misusing Scripture. You showed no love toward Mr. Weinstein, forgetting that the words of Jesus of what the most important commandments are, to Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and to love your Neighbor as yourself. You don’t what to talk about what the Bible says to me, because you seem to be believe and misinterpret the Bible like the Taliban fundamentalist Muslims do with the Koran. Your email was filled with hate. 

 
Your interpretation of Scripture has led Christians to participate to pogroms against the Jews and to kill other Christians who did not believe as they did as heretics. Your words become your actions.

 
Go away, leave me and leave Mr. Weinstein alone.
 
(name withheld)

Response from MRFF Supporter James Chamberlain
On Tuesday, May 11, 2021, 07:10:59 PM PDT, Jim  wrote:

I have read your recent correspondence to my friend Mikey Weinstein.  I am a Christian and believe you totally misunderstand the purpose and mission of the MRFF. You are right that Mikey has the right to not believe in Jesus as you have the right to believe as you want. However there are people who want to “force” Christianity on their military subordinates and that is not what the Constitution says. Mikey is defending those subordinates. Do I wish everyone were a Christian? Yes, no one has the right to force their beliefs on other citizens, military or civilian.

 

James L. Chamberlain


 

I want to thank you for the polite email response that I got from you.

I completely agree with you that Christianity should not be forced. On the other hand I believe that it is my duty to stand up for my belief, because if I don’t my rights would be completely whipped out, just look at communist China and Russia. I just see this organization as a way to get rid of Christianity. They want to bring up the whole “Separation of church and state” Well, I actually read the “Separation of church and state” letter and it was written by Thomas Jefferson to Dunburry Baptist church in 1802 pretty much stating that STATE should keep out of church’s business, not the other way around. And another thing is that “Separation of church and state” is no where in the constitution or in any of the amendments.

And another thing is that me, being a Christian, is that I need to tell everyone about Christianity, not force them, but I will be accountable to God if I didn’t tell them. They choose not to believe, that’s up to them, but my hands will be clean of that.

But once again, thank you for a much nicer response.

(name withheld)


Response from MRFF Supporter James Chamberlain

On May 13, 2021, at 10:11 AM, Jim  wrote:

 

Thank you for your response.  The Constitution does not use the exact term “separation of Church and state”.  It does say: “Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion”.  It does go on to say it will not prohibit anyone’s free exercise of their religion.  But that beginning phrase say the government will show no favoritism to any specific religion.  The military is a federal agency and therefore should not allow commanders to “force” their subordinates to believe as they do.  It is easy to say it is not forced but when the commander issues an “invitation”.  Well intentions are misconstrued as an order.  This is what the MRFF is trying to prevent.

James L. Chamberlain






 





 

 

 

 

Make a Donation

Recent Posts

  • June 12, 2021 | 2 comments
  • June 12, 2021 | No comments
  • June 11, 2021 | 1 comment
  • June 9, 2021 | 2 comments
  • June 8, 2021 | 2 comments

Share This Story

2 Comments

  1. Paula May 14, 2021 at 11:58 pm

    Dear Nameless One–Do you believe your original correspondence with Mr. Weinstein was polite and mature? Do you feel that your words left the space for a polite and adult response from him? If someone were to speak–or write–to your mother in the manner in which you addressed Mr. Weinstein, would you feel she had been treated in a decent way? Would you encourage her to continue the conversation? The polite, mature, decent, respectful street is two-way. To communicate with another adult human is to treat them with the respect you feel you yourself deserve. How does your initial email to Mr. Weinstein measure up?

  2. Ironmoped May 16, 2021 at 7:20 pm

    Got news for you, you will NOT stand before Jesus one day!
    Don’t push your inner demons on everyone else! You’re the one that believes in preposterously magical thinking!
    It’s people like you that drag human progress down! We would have long since cured cancer and solved the climate change threat were it not for idiots like you holding society back!
    Your old white guy in the clouds doesn’t exist!
    Get over yourself and start contributing to make this a better world, it’s the only one we have and people like you are doing your damndest to destroy it!
    No one really cares where you think you’re going when you die. What is important, however, is the contribution you made while you were here!
    You speak like you are assured of your own fate after death. I would assume, given your professed Christianity, that you believe you will find yourself in eternal bliss with your heavenly father.
    If it’s so Goddamned good, why not get a headstart on it and go there now?

Leave A Comment